Sunday, November 22, 2009

Outsourcing tutors

Well you would think that with the economy the way it is a teacher could make a little extra money tutoring students on the weekend or summer. Nope. The newest process that is being outsourced is tutoring to of all places, India. No shock there. Soon everything that is intellectual or not a concrete task, such as plumbing, will move offshore. Maybe I should ditch the MBA and learn a trade such as auto repair.

I recently had my hair cut at a cosmetology school in town and I was talking to the girl who was learning. I asked her why she was learning a trade instead of going to UIS. She said that she could always start a shop and work for herself no matter what the economy looked like. Mmm sounds like she may have something there.

Global Post link

No comments:

Post a Comment